SPONGE LEMON CAKE
150g of sugar
a pinch of salt
100ml vegetable oil
125g vanilla yogurt
250g of flour
16g baking powder
2g lemon zest
60ml lemon juice
Powdered sugar (for decoration)
Lemon zest (for decoration)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F.
2. In a bowl, beat 3 eggs with sugar and a pinch of salt. Pour in the oil and beat to combine.
3. Add the vanilla yogurt and continue to beat until smooth and pale.
4. In another bowl, mix the sifted flour, baking powder, and lemon zest.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
6. Transfer to a greased bundt cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Let cool slightly, sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon zest on top, and enjoy.