Chicken soup with rice
Chicken rice soup is a comforting culinary classic, combining tender pieces of chicken, grains of rice and vegetables in a flavorful broth. Its aroma and flavor reconstruct home memories, offering warmth in every spoonful. A dish that feeds the body and soul.
• 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 2 stalks of celery, sliced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 8 cups of chicken broth (you can use homemade or store-bought broth)
• 1/2 cup white rice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 bay leaf
• Chopped fresh parsley to decorate
Make sure you have all your ingredients fresh and chopped before you start, and consider adding some herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of your chicken rice soup.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breast to the pot and lightly brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot. Add the bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pot and place it on a plate. Using two forks, shred the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Add the rice to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and tender.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve the hot soup in individual plates. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top as a garnish. Ready! Now you have a delicious chicken soup with rice ready to enjoy. You can customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as peas, corn, spinach or any other vegetables of your choice. Enjoy!