Homemade sausages are a delicious culinary option made with minced meat and spices according to your preference. Their unique texture and flavor make them irresistible for lovers of homemade food. You can customize them with fresh and natural ingredients, turning them into a unique gastronomic experience.
• 500 grams of pork (can be a mixture of pork and beef if you prefer)
• 200 grams of pork fat
• 15 grams of salt
• 2 grams of ground black pepper
• 2 grams of garlic powder
• 2 grams of sweet paprika
• 1 gram of ground cumin
• Natural casings for stuffing (you can find them in a butcher shop)
Make sure you have all fresh, quality ingredients, and consider adding spices or herbs to give your homemade sausages extra flavor. Enjoy cooking!
1. Cut the pork into small pieces and make sure it is very cold.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pork, pork fat, and all the seasonings (salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and ground cumin).
3. Use a meat grinder or mincer to grind the meat and fat mixture. You should obtain a homogeneous and well mixed mass.
4. Wash the natural casings and rinse them well under running water. Then, soak the casings in warm water for a few minutes to soften them.
5. Rinse the casings again and drain them.
6. Stuff the meat mass into the natural casings with the help of a sausage stuffer or simply with your hands. Make sure the sausages are the size you want and twist to separate them when necessary.
7. Tie the ends of the sausages with kitchen string to prevent them from falling apart during cooking.
8. Boil the sausages in water for about 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. You can also grill them or cook them in a pan.
9. Ready! You can enjoy your homemade sausages with bread, mustard, ketchup or your favorite condiments.
Remember that this is a basic recipe, and you can adjust the seasonings and spices based on your personal preference. I hope you enjoy making your own homemade sausages!