HOMEMADE WINDSOR BREAD 😋
- Advertisement -
330g bread flour
30g of sugar
2g of salt
10g powdered milk
200ml warm milk
2 egg yolks
3g dry yeast
25g soft butter
- In a bowl, beat warm milk with sugar, egg yolks and yeast.
- In another bowl, combine the flour with the powdered milk and the salt.
- Pour liquids into dry ingredients and mix dough with your hands until just together, then knead with dough hooks for 8-15 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Add softened butter to the dough and continue to knead for another 10-20 minutes.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces, roll each one into a ball and set aside for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, roll out each ball into an oval and roll again to form a cigar. Place each roll of dough in a baking pan and brush with butter. Set aside for 40 minutes or until doubled in size. Brush with butter before baking the bread for 20 minutes at 170°C/360°F.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar when it comes out of the oven