1/2 lb. pasta of your choice
1 T oil
1/4 red onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced
3/4 cup white wine or veggie broth
1 T dried basil
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 medium bunch kale removed from stem and chopped in 1 inch pieces and gently massaged for a few seconds with touch of oil
1 cup marinated artichokes, drained
3 T capers (optional)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Garnish: Red chili flakes (optional)
1. Put pot of water on to boil for pasta.
2. Meanwhile, add oil to large pan over medium heat and once hot, add onion, stir frequently adding bit of water if pan is too dry along the way.
3. Cook 5 min, add garlic and tomatoes and cook another 3 min, careful not to burn garlic.
4. Add wine, basil, salt and pepper, stir, and raise heat if needed, to get bubbly. Then lower heat a bit to cook at a low simmer (just bubbly) for several min until liquid is reduced by half.
5. Add kale and artichokes, stir, put cover on pan, and cook another 1 min. Uncover and stir. Kale should be bright green and slightly.
6. Add sauce to cooked pasta and gently stir, adding capers and lemon juice.
7. Taste and add more salt/pepper if desired.
8. Serve and top with optional red chili flakes for some spicy heat!
Leave a Comment