• 1 egg
• 100g all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 4g custard powder (optional)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 55g sugar
• 80ml milk
• 12g vegetable oil
• Steamed Vanilla Cupcake
1. In a large bowl, crack 1 large egg and add 55g sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract in Whisk until light and fluffy
2. Sift dry ingredients including 100g flour, 1tsp baking powder and 4g custard powder to the bowl. Mix well
3. Add ¼ tsp salt, 80ml milk and 12g oil to the mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
4. Prepare 4 cupcake mold and put 4 cupcake liner inside, divide the batter evenly to cupcake mold.
5. Boil water in a steamer and put the cupcake mold inside when the water starts to boil. Cover the steamer with a clean kitchen cloth and cover the lid, steam under medium heat for 17 minutes
6. Take the cupcakes out, wait for it to cool down and enjoy.
7. These super soft and moist cupcakes will stay moist for days in the fridge but believe me it won’t last too long!
Leave a Comment