SWEET BRETZEL 😋
21g fresh yeast
50g of sugar
200 ml of milk
400g of flour a pinch of salt 60g butter (melted)
4g vanilla extract milk for brushing Butter (melted) for brushing Sugar
1. In a bowl add the yeast, sugar and milk and mix until the sugar and yeast dissolve.
2. Add flour, salt, butter (melted), and vanilla essence and mix to combine. When the dough begins to form, knead with your hands until the dough is smooth. Cover with cling film and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in volume.
3. After the time has elapsed, remove the dough from the bowl and transfer it to the work surface. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and shape into balls.
4. Spread each ball out with your hands to create the stick. Shape the pretzel shape and transfer the pretzels to the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes brush the pretzels with milk and transfer to the oven. Bake at 180°C/360°F for 20 minutes.
6. Brush the pretzels with butter after baking and dip the top of the shell in the sugar and serve.