With simple like, you’ll have acces to a lot of recipes for FREE ❤
- Advertisement -
Chocolate rolls: the whole family will love the result
For the batter:
150 g (⅔ cup) sugar
50 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour
15 g (2 tbsp) cornstarch
80 ml (⅓ cup) vegetable oil
15 g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
For the cream:
250 g (1 cup) hazelnut cream;
200 g (⅔ cup) melted dark chocolate.
- Separate egg yolks for the egg whites.
- Using a blender, beat egg yolks with sugar and vegetable oil until creamy.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the yolk mixture carefully, then sift in the flour and fold it into the batter too.
- Divide the batter into 2 portions and mix one with cocoa powder and another with cornstarch.
- Pour the white half of the batter onto a parchment-covered baking sheet, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 190°C/375°F.
- Pour the chocolate batter on top of the base layer and spread it out evenly. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let the roll cool down, peel the parchment back, and spread hazelnut cream on top of the cake base. Roll tightly and leave in the fridge to set.
- Carefully slice the roll and dip each slice in melted chocolate, covering one side.
Leave a Comment