140g wholemeal plain flour or gluten-free plain flour
30g cacao powder
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
60g low-fat plain yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
½ medium ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 medium zucchini (courgette), grated
40g cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl, tip in the flour husks after sifting and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla, coconut oil, banana and maple syrup until well combined.
4. Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to over-mix. Add the grated zucchini and three-quarters of the cacao nibs and stir through until just combined.
5. Transfer the cake batter into the lined loaf tin and sprinkle over the remaining cacao nibs.
6. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment