250g of common flour
70g powdered sugar
1 egg Vanilla
5g baking powder
25g of potato starch
30 ml of fresh cream
1. In a bowl, add the butter and powdered sugar and mix with an electric mixer. Add the egg along with the vanilla essence and mix quickly.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, potato starch and cream. Mix with a spatula until just combined, then knead with your hands until they form a smooth dough. Wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Once the time has elapsed, roll out the shortcrust pastry with a rolling pin bringing it to a thickness of 7-8mm
4. With a circular pastry cutter of 5 cm cut many disks. With an excavator, or a 1 cm circular pastry cutter form the central hole in each shape.
5. Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 180°C/360°F for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Leave a Comment